Bushbalm Careers - Director of Product Development
Director of Product Development
Bushbalm Skincare is a thriving DTC brand in the skincare industry. As the Director of Product Development you'll be responsible for leading the organization in research for new products, product enhancements and product redesign. You’ll work directly with the CPO & our manufacturers to source ingredients and develop formulas for new products that cater to both emerging skincare trends and solve skin concerns that most others ignore. You'll evaluate the potential and practicality of products in development and rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. In addition, you will be responsible for creating packaging with sustainability in mind.
- Research and monitor emerging skincare trends
- Work with the marketing & branding team to identify the consumer’s wants and needs
- Identify and anticipate growing needs within future product formulations
- Source beneficial ingredients to improve the quality of current and/or future products
- Coordinate with manufacturers to identify strategies to improve new and existing packaging
- Research and evaluate the activity of competitors (including product launches, new collections and product formulas) to determine their impact on Bushbalm’s current product line
About This Role:
Our team is growing very fast and we are constantly working on improving our products. The structure of this role will include: 1) a research aspect; and 2) a development aspect. First, this role will work on sourcing ingredients, solutions and opportunities for future product lines. The research will be heavily based monitoring emerging skincare trends as well as creating unique trends. Second, a key element of this role will include the development and process of bringing our products to life. This role will work closely with our manufacturers and chemists to develop new and improved formulas as well as packaging layouts that satisfy both the consumer and our goal for sustainability.
- As we are a skincare company you must be passionate about the industry, and aware of what is trending, what is new, etc.
- You must have 3+ years of experience in beauty and skincare product development.
- You must have strong skills in tactile/aesthetic evaluation of cosmetic products as well as the ability to communicate product understanding.
- You’re not a chemist (or maybe you are?), but you deeply understand key ingredients and their benefits.
- You must be experienced with product management and development tools (ex. ERP systems like NetSuite and SAP Software Solutions).
- You must be well versed in social media and capable of identifying/ monitoring trends.
- You must have the ability to think creatively and brainstorm new ideas to stay ahead of the market curve
- You must have exceptional communication skills including strong written, oral and presentation-based communication skills.
- You must have excellent organization and follow-through skills with a keen eye for detail.
- You must be a multitasker. We always have things on the go, this includes urgent changes, developing brand new products, and communicating with our agencies on different projects. This role requires a multi-functional and flexible worker who can handle ever changing priorities.
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits & Perks
- Generous Vacation
*The ideal candidate lives in, or is willing to relocate to, Ottawa ON, Canada. Ottawa is the location of the Bushbalm headquarters. Candidate at the very least must live in Canada.
About Bushbalm Skincare:
Bushbalm is an evolving natural skincare product line - specifically, but not limited to, targeting areas that are commonly ignored. Think bikini line, underarms, legs, tush, or anywhere else on the body that deserves extra care. Whether you trim, groom, remove – or let your body hair grow our products were created to take care of your most sensitive areas while making sure you feel confident in your skin down there and everywhere with results that you will see and feel.